Mr. Canido is dedicated and passionate about helping to resolve his client’s immigration matters. As a son of immigrants from Latin America he understands the challenges immigrants face when coming to the United States and the hurdles that exist in the application process. Mr. Canido works diligently to resolve his clients immigration concerns, and is fluent in Spanish and English.
Mr. Canido earned his Juris Doctorate from American University, Washington College of Law and his Masters degree in Business Administration from American University, Kogod School of Business. Prior to attending graduate school Mr. Canido earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from San Francisco State University. Mr. Canido is currently an active member of the California State Bar.
Mr. Canido’s professional legal experience includes working as an associate at two prominent immigration law firms in the Bay Area. Mr. Canido also previously worked as a law clerk for California Rural Legal Assistance Inc., a nonprofit law firm, and the Law Offices of Jaime Aparisi and Associates. Finally, while in law school, Mr. Canido served as a student attorney at the Washington College of Law Immigrant Justice Clinic, providing pro bono immigration legal services to low income families.
- English and Spanish
Areas of Practice
- Immigration and Naturalization Law
- Supreme Court of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- American University, Washington College of Law – J.D.
- American University, Kogod School of Business – M.B.A.
- San Francisco State University – B.A., Political Science
Current and Previous Professional Associations and Membership
- State Bar of California
- American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Santa Clara County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service (Immigration Section)
- San Mateo County Bar Association Lawyer Referral Service (Immigration Section)
- Attorney of the Day Program, San Francisco Immigration Court
- Consulate of Mexico in San Jose and San Francisco, California
- San Francisco La Raza Lawyers Association
- Board Director for Sunday Friends (nonprofit organization)
- KMTV, Reference Point, What Does the President’s Executive Action Really Mean, January 12, 2015 (Mr. Canido discussed the practical effect of the President’s executive action on both immigrants and United States citizens)
- KMTV, Reference Point, Immigration Reform – Impact on Our Community, April 7, 2014 (Mr. Canido discussed the legal and practical consequences of Congress’s failure to act on immigration reform)
- KZSF 1370, Buenas Tardes con Celina (Mr. Canido was a prior contributor to this radio program where he discussed current events and laws related to immigration)
- Telemundo, Primera Edicion (Mr. Canido previously contributed to this television news program by answering immigration questions live from a television audience)
- Immigration Panelist at “Know Your Rights” seminar in San Jose, California
Rodrigo Canido Attorney
Honest & StraightforwardEspecially when dealing with complex immigration issues, it is critical to have an attorney who will clearly communicate with you through the entire process. This is why we prioritize honesty and direct communication with each of our clients.
Flexible Payment PlansWe recognize the need for flexibility with payment plans, so we will work with you to find a payment strategy that works best for you in this season of your life.
Empathetic & ProfessionalComing from a family of immigrants, Attorney Canido has a unique, empathetic perspective that aids his approach with his clients.
Over a Decade of Legal ExperienceAttorney Rodrigo Canido has dedicated his career to resolving his clients' immigration matters for over 10 years. From working at prominent law firms to opening his own practice, Attorney Canido fights for his clients.