Immigration Legal Services in San Jose

Assistance Throughout the Bay Area

Immigration law is an extremely complicated legal area, and the way that your immigration case is handled can have a profound effect on the rest of your life. For this reason, it is crucial to hire an experienced attorney. We can help you understand the nuances of your case, guide you through the immigration process, and ensure the necessary obligations are properly fulfilled. We know how important this is to you and are dedicated to advocating for your rights. Learn more about the types of immigration cases we handle below.

LORIC Law Firm is driven by our passion for our clients and our genuine care for the outcome of their cases. We take every matter seriously and will fight for the best possible resolution for each of our clients

Family-Based Petitions 

 A citizen or lawful permanent resident of the United States may petition for a family member to receive permanent legal status. A U.S. citizen may be able to file an I-130 petition for their husband or wife, unmarried son or daughter, married son or daughter, brother or sister, or mother or father. A lawful permanent resident of the United States may be able to file for their husband or wife or unmarried son or daughter.

Advanced Parole

 The advanced parole document purpose is to admit, for a temporary period, a person into the United States. The parole document may be accepted by a transportation company in lieu of a visa, as an authorization for the holder to travel to the U..S. Advanced parole is a measure used to bring an otherwise inadmissible alien into the U.S. due to a compelling emergency.

To speak with our legal team, call (650) 590-8258 or contact us online.


Employment-Based Petitions

 If one has the right combination of skills, education, and/or work experience, one may be able to remain living in the United States permanently. In certain circumstances, permanent worker applicants must have their employer obtain an approved labor certification from the U.S. Department of Labor to qualify. Attaining this labor certification verifies the following: Whether there are already sufficient, available, qualified and willing U.S. workers to fill the position being offered at the prevailing wage, and whether hiring a foreign worker will have an adverse effect on similar employed U.S. workers’ wages and working conditions. 

Victims of Human Trafficking (T)

The T visa allows certain victims of human trafficking to receive temporary legal status to remain living in the United States. Under the Victims of Trafficking and Violence Protection Act, the T visa allows law enforcement agencies to investigate and prosecute human trafficking, while offering protection to the victims. Some of the requirements for attaining a T visa are:

  • That one must be the victim of trafficking, as defined by law;
  • Reside in The United States, America Samoa, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, or is at a port of entry due to trafficking;
  • Comply with certain requests from law enforcement to assist in the investigation and prosecution of the human trafficking involved;
  • Demonstrate that one would suffer extreme hardship involving unusual and severe harm if removed from the United States;
  • and is admissible or can attain a waiver of inadmissibility.


Dedicated Legal Guidance

The law firm focuses exclusively on immigration and nationality law matters, and Mr. Canido takes pride in making sure that each case is handled as if it were his own. LORIC currently handles immigration cases from all fifty states and around the globe.

Contact Us

Fill out a form or call our office.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
    Please make a selection.